Pros and Cons of Dental Veneers
20 Mar 2016
A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain made to fit over the front surface of the tooth, for aesthetic purposes. It is like an artificial covering over a tooth surface.
Pros of wearing a veneer:
- Stain resistant.
- Minimal tooth preparation.
- Covers up imperfections in tooth.
- It is an irreversible procedure.
- Fragility of the veneer.
- Teeth sensitivity may occur after placing the veneer.
- De-bonding of the veneer may occur when you bite hard food stuff.