Tooth whitening is among the most requested dental treatments today. Always discuss it with your general dentist before performing any kind of whitening. Make sure you inform your dentist regarding any of these:
- Decay or white spots on the teeth
- Discolored or sensitive teeth
- Previous dental work, like crowns or bridges
If you opt for take home whitening trays, your dental team at Expressions DentalTM Clinic, will make you custom-made trays and provide whitening gel to get the process started.
These are the specific steps we take to make your in-home teeth whitening trays:
- Impressions would first be taken of both your upper and lower teeth using non-toxic dental putty, in order to make the trays out of it.
- Cast models are created of your teeth out of which we create the trays from.
- Meanwhile, the original shade of your teeth would be recorded in your dental chart to get a baseline shade.
- When the trays are ready, an appointment would be set to show you how to accurately dispense and apply the solution and other instructions required to obtain the optimal results.
- Prior to beginning the at-home procedure, you will need to floss, brush, and rinse.If patients avoid consumption of staining beverages or foods, the whitening effects can be prolonged.