Ways Porcelain Veneers Can Enhance Your Smile
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells, designed to cover the front side of teeth. Porcelain veneers are an option for correcting chipped, stained, decayed or crooked teeth. Porcelain material is brittle; but, when it is firmly bonded to the tooth, it can become strong and durable.
Things to know about veneers:
Before getting veneers, you must first get your mouth examined by your dentist. Only a dentist can confirm whether you are an ideal candidate for undergoing the treatment or not. The dentist will check for any oral health issues. If there were or are any; it needs to be addressed first. Later, if you are good to go, your dentist will set you up for an appointment to initiate the treatment. Your dentist will prepare the teeth, take the appropriate impressions of your teeth and send you home with temporary veneers. Once the dental lab technician has fabricated the custom made veneers, they can be bonded to your teeth. to design the dental veneers properly.
How are porcelain veneers beneficial?
• Porcelain veneers are strong and durable.
• They have a natural-looking surface.
• They do not stain easily.
• Less tooth structure needs to be removed than with a cap or crown.
What else should you know about porcelain veneers?
•The procedure is irreversible
•Tooth sensitivity may increase after getting veneers
• If the veneers are not taken care of properly, stains or cavities can form under the veneer
•Do not bite hard objects, clench or grind your teeth, because doing so may cause your veneers to chip or break
Before you get veneers:
• Your gums and teeth should be healthy before you get veneers.
• If you grind or clench your teeth, your dentist may suggest you wear a plastic dental night guard while sleeping, because the thin veneers may chip or break.
• Though your dentist removes a little tooth enamel as possible for veneers, the process cannot be left in-between once the enamel is removed.
• It is possible for veneers to become loose over time. In that case, new ones might be required.
• As with all your dental care, discuss the treatment options with your dentist. Regular dental visits are a must for keeping your gums and teeth healthy.
After you get veneers:
• Do not bite your fingernails and chew on hard objects like a pencil or ice, as veneers can chip or break under pressure.
• It may take a certain time to get used to the feel of your veneers. However, let your dentist know if your bite does not feel right after the veneers have been placed.
• Keep your gums and teeth clean by brushing and flossing every day, as you can still get cavities under or around veneers.
Everyone is not eligible for veneers; therefore, you will need to discuss with a dentist if veneers are an option for you. If you are interested in knowing more about porcelain veneers, you can consult with our general dentist at Expressions Dental Clinic, or contact us at +1 (403) 252 7733.
What is HPV, and why you should be concerned? Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is a common virus with over 100+ types, out of which 12 types are of high-risk that can cause tumors. HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease. Oral HPV can deteriorate your oral health with oral warts and non-cancerous tumors. Oropharyngeal
Protecting your teeth against acid attack should be part of an overall balanced diet and these suggestions should help you keep to an eating pattern which is healthy-not too high in fat, salt, sugar and alcohol with plenty of vegetables and fruit at mealtimes.